Thursday, July 1, 2010

July 1, 2010: Swimming, Lunch, and Harry Potter

This morning I contacted a friend of mine in my ward about hanging out. We decided to meet at the clubhouse at her apartment complex to go swimming with the kids. I got some stuff done and headed over. The kids LOVED her pool, because it wasn't crowded and they could wear their floatie things and swim to their hearts' content. They are both red faced now. I got burnt in a very strange line on my thigh, which I can't figure out unless it was the sunscreen. Oh well. We had a great time and it was very relaxing.

After swimming I took a catnap, put the kids down for naps, and then got up and headed to Blue Lemon Bistro to meet my dad for lunch. We had a good visit and good food. I went home and started reading Harry Potter 7 again because I really read it in a rush last time and don't remember a dadgum thing about it. Since the new movie is coming out in November, I figure that gives me time to read it and then forget again. I also got some cleaning done and made some ice cream that didn't set up so I have to start over. Darn.

Tomorrow starts the Holiday Weekend - and next to Christmas, Independence Day is my favorite holiday. We've got lots of stuff planned - water games, a baptism, a picnic, fireworks, dinners, etc. etc. so I may not be blogging until Monday or Tuesday. Try not to miss me too much.

2 comments:

Loree said...

I wish I was going to be there. I just couldn't get over a 10/11 hour drive alone with my very stubborn children..

My Little Spoons said...

It was really fun Heidi! We will definitely have to do it again. The advice you gave of course was precious and it was fun to talk. :)