Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 7, 2010: Eight Years of Liking Each Other...and Produce

Eight years ago today, Dave picked me up at the airport late one night. I was flying back to Virginia after spending Independence Day in Utah. On the way home he said, "I like you, and I want to date you, but not exclusively, yet." I'm paraphrasing, but he had someone else in mind that he thought he should probably ask out before devoting himself to me heart and soul for eternity....To Be Continued.

Below is are updated pictures of my garden. It's too close to the house and I think the stucco is making things too hot. I should be growing jalapenos. Next year I am moving them to a better location. I have harvested some of the lettuce heads over the past few weeks, and now they are growing back again.
The onions will be ready soon I think.
Second round of strawberries
Lots o' basil, a big head of romaine, and kale galore. I put a leaf of kale in my smoothie every morning for extra whatever it is that kale has.
Green beans and more basil. I think we'll be having basil in something tonight for dinner.
Tomatoes are starting to grow, green beans, onions, romaine, and a bell pepper. And more kale.
This garden isn't doing as well, but has zukes and stuff in it. I think it actually has too much shade because it doesn't really get much sun until 10am and by 4pm it is in the shade again. Next year...
My early girl has one lonely tomato. This is compost, peat moss and vermiculite. It should be growing like crazy! I also have used miracle grow on it. Not sure what the deal is.
This tree has finally really taken off. It is supposed to ultimately be a shade tree for our patio and I think it might actually get there by next summer.

No comments: