Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sucky Mom Award - 10 Reasons I Win Today

I should know that if I don't wake up and immediately take a shower it is going to be a downhill day.

1. Loads and loads and loads of laundry because it has been two weeks and we should never go two weeks without doing laundry.

Reminder: Laundry doesn't wash itself.


2. Cheerios all over the carpet that I had just barely vacuumed. Not just all over, though. Stepped on and ground in.

Reminder: Make carpet cleaning appt.


3. Hear the words, "Mom?!" yelled in a panic. Enter bathroom to find Josh nekkid with poop smeared all over the toilet seat with the toilet paper in a nice heap on the floor.

Reminder: Just because they are five, doesn't mean they can't act like they are three.


4. Get an email saying that we are doing "secret santa" at work with a $25 limit and we are giving them on Friday. Had no plans to go into the office on Friday due to work party Thursday night. Now have to spend another $25 on something not budgeted.

Reminder: Send out a reminder email next July to schedule Holiday party earlier in December, along with any other fun things they want to do.


5. Office furniture not being delivered until 6pm, but the office is a disaster and there is no way to FIT the office furniture in.

Reminder: Don't do anything non-Holiday related during the Holidays.


6. Trying to decide whether or not to start South Beach, Atkins, Weight Watchers, Slimfast, or Sonoma diet due to feeling exceedingly puffy due to excessive Holiday treats.

Reminder: None of those diets have worked long term in the past. May as well stay puffy.
*

7. Lots of snow the week before Christmas and I am not positive where the sleds are.

Reminder: Put sleds in garage around Halloween just in case.


8. I'm out of caffeine free diet coke.

Reminder: Get some.


9. I'm almost out of popcorn.

Reminder: Get some.


10. I FORGOT THAT JOSH IS "STAR STUDENT OF THE WEEK" at preschool and didn't make him a poster and his response was, "It's ok, Mom. I understand. I'll tell my teacher and we'll work it out."

Reminder: Put the kids first.

*I will not say "fat" because as we now know, there are good fats and bad fats. :)

9 comments:

Sara said...

I hope your day gets better. ((hugs))

Allison said...

Rolling at this post. You are so cute and witty. BTW you ARE in for South Beach Jan. 2nd baybee!

Em said...

your a great mom!

Casey Davison said...

Ahhh, I had this same thought at 4am when I remembered I didn't cook the cookies for Ally's school party. Had to do it this AM which screwed up my day!!!!
And we leave for Christmas on Friday and I have not one present wrapped and still need to buy a few. I was hoping for a snow day to stay home from work to get that done. HAHA

KEYSHA said...

I too am rolling. You clever lady you. And Heidi, you know where to turn to if you are ever in a popcorn bind.....the Pecks always have popcorn!

NatRat said...

You are so clever! I love #6, why can't we all just stay puffy, I am happy when I am puffy because I am eating whatever I want, but then I go put on clothes and nothing fits and I am sad that I am puffy. Dang holidays!!

And it sounds like you should be buying some of that Diet coke with caffeine:)

Would you just please send me an invite everyday so I can read your blog....:)

Melissa said...

Oh man....don't you just LOVE days like those? Yuck.

Hope today is better! And hooray...tomorrow is Friday! Woo hoo!!!

The LaLa said...

I am sorry to tell you that even when you are 54 years old, you will still have days like that. Just ask me. But thankfully, not too often.

Kristen said...

You need to add Coke to your food storage list - that way you'll be set! You're too hard on yourself (aren't we all?) You look great, your kids are happy. Life is good. It just gets a little messy!