Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cookie Day!

Last year we started a new tradition of Cookie Day at Ms. Mert's house. This is an epic production, my friends. As in - 9-10 different types of cookies/bark/oreo balls. It takes planning, concentration, diet coke, and chocolate. We were armed with all four going into the day.

We started at 10:00am with Ms. Mert, Ms. Hilari, and Josh making a gingerbread house.
Mert, Josh and Hilari

Then I took the kiddos home and we started in on the good stuff. I made oreo balls, nutter butter balls, and peppermint bark to start. We made the peanut butter cookies with kisses, cranberry and white chocolate cookies, oatmeal cookies, and sugar cookies (santas and wreaths). This year we decided to try something new. Hilari and I spent much of the afternoon making chocolate lollipops in a variety of flavors. Chocolate cherry, Vanilla Cinnamon, Chocolate Raspberry, Chocolate mint with crushed candy cane, White Chocolate oreo, and one other that escapes me. It was a fun addition and we made a ton. Mert had flavorings and molds so we just went to town. I think we will include those every year and get creative on the flavors and molds.

When all was done we were wiped out, but happy. Full of sugar, but happy.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like fun! Reading this made me hungry--I have yet to attempt any Christmas goodies. Maybe today though...

Amy said...

The big question is what do you DO with all those batches of cookies? I'd have to give them away or eat every last one. Looks like a lovely time. Mert's awesome.

Allison said...

Next year I want in for sure.