Friday, December 12, 2008

2 Signs I am Getting Old

1. I can't name a single brand name of jeans. Seriously - not a single one.
2. Chocolate and Chipotle regularly give me heartburn. Almost to the point where it isn't worth it.

I'm only willing to come up with two at this point. I don't want to scare off any of my younger friends. They might not want to hang out with me if they realize that I wear Lee jeans when no one is looking. I mean Liz & Co. I'm assuming that is Liz Claiborne? If not, Liz who? Don't tell me. I don't care.

I'm not even touching the chocolate and chipotle thing.


7 comments:

Sara said...

True Religion
Seven

Only because I work with someone that actually spends that much on jeans. And Liz & Co. is Liz Claiborne trying to shed her stuck-in-the-middle-aged-image.

And, if it makes you feel any better, chocolate has been giving me heartburn since I was 11.

You're not old. :)

KEYSHA said...

You're not old, you're just smart. I am dumb for sending $$ on jeans; I know...but I can't help it. You can be our much 'wiser' (I didn't say older) friend who brings us down to reality.

Allison said...

I don't know any brand names any more either. I just go to fun jeans parties at Keysha's house and buy what they have there. :)

Allison said...

BTW: None of the jeans I bought at Keysha's house actually fit because I've gained a billion pounds since then. OY!

Kristin said...

I know, it's so sad. I haven't been able to name a brand of jeans since Guess was in fashion 20 years ago, and I'm suffering from heartburn RIGHT THIS MINUTE thanks to some Hershey's Kisses I stupidly ate. Although I'm blaming that on pregnancy. I hope.

The LaLa said...

Chocolate does worse than that to me, and still I indulge. I'm always sorry afterward, but I still love it. Sigh. Who cares about brand name jeans? If they have stretch in the denim and they fit, that's good enough for me. Besides, who's wearing them with their top tucked in so you can actually see the label?

Lisa said...

Go watch the "Mom Jeans" ad from SNL: http://www.hulu.com/watch/10333/saturday-night-live-mom-jeans