Thursday, June 3, 2010

June 3, 2010 - Massage Therapy

For the past few months I have been going every other week to see a massage therapist to do Manual Lymph Drainage on my legs. The therapist only does two hour sessions, in order to make sure that she covers everything. During this time she has also been a healing mentor emotionally, helping me to create and establish boundaries and not feel guilty about them. It has really been an eye opener in my life and I am grateful for the things she has taught me.

One thing that has been critical, is for me to be able to disengage from other peoples' problems, and allow them to have their own experience instead of trying to rescue them. I am learning to say, "That must be difficult for you." And then....let it go instead of trying to come up with a solution.

A lesson she taught me today, is that too often when we think we are helping other people by coming up with solutions to their problems, we are actually putting a lot of our own garbage onto them. Instead of just letting them have the experiences that they need in life.

Anyway, my legs are getting better, but what I have loved is what this has done for my spirit - I am learning to not allow other peoples' problems become mine, as well as not allowing myself to feel guilty if I don't live up to expectations. I still have a lot to learn, but, I'm getting there!

No comments: