Friday, June 11, 2010

June 11, 2010: Outdoor Movies

Last night we made popcorn and brought our tv/dvd combo outside to watch a movie. It had been a lovely day, breezy, and we thought it would be a perfect evening. Wrong! Windy, cold, neighbor kid blasting his radio....

So, after about an hour of that, we brought the whole mess inside and finished up snuggled in our bed with two stinky kids. Oh, how I love those stinky kids.

Yesterday I got to spend the day with Josh. On our way to run errands he said, "Mom, I am so lucky." He proceeded to list off all of his blessings for that day so far. We then discussed who he likes to play with the most. He said that he really likes his cousin, Maile. I asked him what he likes about her and he said, "We just have a lot of fun." Then I said, "Weren't you telling me the last time you played that she was picking on you?" He considered that for a moment and then said, "Yeah, but I still like her. Even if you and Dad have a fight, you still love each other." I love that he knows that.

"Careful the things you say

Children will listen
Careful the things you do
Children will see and learn"
- Into the Woods

We went to the store for some groceries, then we went over to my aunt's house to get some vegetables in her garden. Lots of tomatoes. Josh played with his cousins for a little while and I sat under the trees in the backyard talking to my aunt and cousins about whatever topic came up. Have I mentioned that I come from a family of talkers? We have been known to have an entire conversation in one location, and then without agreement, wander to a new location where we shift positions and resume the discussion. It's weird, but, whatever.

While I was driving to my aunt's house, I heard a song with the phrase, "This is your life....are you who you want to be?"

My answer, at least for today, is yes.

1 comment:

Bon said...

you speak the truth about the whole family of talkers thing!