Monday, March 2, 2009

Way Up High

Several months ago I emailed my friend Ginny and told her that the Draper Temple was going to have an open house and that if she was interested, I would love to have her come with us. Ginny lives in Colorado and her son was born the same day as Josh. We have been friends now for six years and over the years have shared a lot about our lives and our faith. Going to a temple open house is fairly rare in Utah and I knew it would interest her.

Friday night she arrived with Prince William. We ate pizza and got caught up with life. The next morning we got ready and headed to the temple. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. As we walked through the Spirit was so strong that I could almost touch it. I was overwhelmed with the knowledge that I was there with Dave and the kids, and that it was the first time that the four of us had been in the temple together. It could be a long time before we are all together again in the temple so I tried to cherish the moment. When we were in the sealing room we all looked in the mirror together. There were many people, but I tried to just focus on us and the feelings I was having.

Afterward Ginny and I took the boys downtown on the train to the Children's Discovery Museum. They played for several hours and then we met some friends at Red Iguana for dinner. It was a long day and we were pretty wiped out so I think we went to bed around 9:30pm.

Sunday morning we slept in and had a lazy couple of hours before getting ready for church. Ginny and William came with us. I was excited to have her experience Relief Society because I knew she would love it. I was right - it was her favorite part. I did make her cry (and I cried myself) with a comment that I made.

Last night we went to my dad and step-mom's house for dinner which of course meant yummy food. My step-mom should have just been a chef.

This morning Ginny took Clara and me to Kneaders for breakfast before she got on the road. I'm kind of riding a big high today. I'm tired, but grateful.

1 comment:

The LaLa said...

I'm so glad you had this sweet experience and she could experience the beauty and spirit of the new temple. I'm excited to see it myself. The location of the Phoenix temple should be announced soon. Rumor has it that it's right next door to our church building! Lucky us.