Monday, March 23, 2009

Clara's Birthday Party


On Saturday we finally had Clara's official birthday party. She wanted a pink butterfly princess party. She was very excited for it. I did the best that I could! We waited so that her friend Hailee could be there. You know how these princesses can be about having their princess friends from neighboring kingdoms attend their galas. Or whatever.
The Fairy Godmother
My dear friend, Erin, agreed to be the fairy godmother. She found a pink sparkly dress at D.I., wrote a story incorporating the names of all of the princesses, and led the princess parade. It was wonderful.
Princess Hailee and Princess Clara arrive!
Clara changed her outfit three times during the party. This is nothing unusual. She usually changes 10 times a day. We started off with the girls creating princess pictures on princess plates. The kind where you do the black rubbing and then color it in. Then we blew out the candles and had cake and ice cream. Then came the story and princess parade, and finally the opening of the presents. It was not a long party, but we packed it in!
Princess Hailee, Princess Clara, and Princess Caitlin
Princess Clara, Princess Hailee, and the Fairy Godmother
All of the Princesses! Hailee, Kate, Clara, Lyissa, Gabi, Caitlin, and the Fairy Godmother
Miss Mert made the cake!
The table setting
Making the princess pictures - Caitlin, Kate, Clara, Hailee and Amabuela
Blowing out the candles
Princess Clara and her pink butterfly cake
Reading the Princess Story
Beautiful Girls!
Princess Clara and Mommy
Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Trish and Matt said...

I love the picture of you and Clara. You both look great!

Casey Davison said...

What a great party!!!! Sounds so fun.

clara is beautiful, just like her mommy.

Jen said...

Looks like a perfect pink princess party. I see an American Girl doll trip in Clara's future...

Sara said...

You look fabulous!

I am so sorry we didn't make it. I meant to text, then call and ... well, Friday-Sunday got away from me. Woodstock has had a bad cold/cough that i've been valiantly trying to prevent from becoming anything worse (or infecting anyone else). She's nearly better now (hoorah), but was CRABBY Friday/Saturday. I figured a crabby/germy toddler was more than you needed. :)

The party looks like it was so much fun!

Allison said...

I love that cake. I'll have to call Mert for my next bday party!