Monday, March 16, 2009

Downsized!

A few weeks ago I started working for a new company and quickly realized that it just wasn't what I wanted to be doing. I'm still working for my old company, but the bad economy has hit and so things have been slow. So today my company asked me to "take a vacation". No, I wasn't fired or laid off. It's basically a take it week by week to see if they have stuff for me to work on. They hired a new salesperson that needs to ramp up.

This comes at a perfect time. I have a zillion projects that have been on the back burner because I just haven't had the time to get them done. My house needs a major overhaul and I want to get rid of stuff that just isn't being used even with the best intentions. I need to gut the kids' closets so that they stop wearing too small clothing. I also need to get my kids away from the tv, and since it is warming up, now is the perfect time to do it. In fact, we are thinking of canceling our tv for the time being. We want to see if we can do it and see how much more gets done. There isn't anything good on in the summer anyway, and anything we want to watch can be seen on the internet.

So this morning I cleaned up the garage a little bit and pulled some early weeds. I put some stuff in the greenhouse. My kids are outside playing with the water table because it's 60 degrees out. I'm about to go out there and read a book while they play. I think I might like this vacation.

2 comments:

KEYSHA said...

Nice break! You're right, it is good timing. With the weather finally changing to pleasant we can all venture outside and let our kids become dirty, smelly and smiley!

Trish and Matt said...

Have fun de-junking. It takes time, but I always love the way things feel/look afterward.

Also, good luck on your experiment getting rid of TV. We've never had cable since we've been married and it's been great. We get a few channels through rabbit ears/digital tuner and we only end up watching about 1-hour a week. Now if I could just wean myself from the Internet ...