Monday, October 26, 2009

October 26th - Adagios

Over the weekend we rearranged a lot of furniture. There is no tv in my main living area. There is no entertainment center in my main living area. My main living area suddenly increased exponentially in square footage and I don't have the furniture to fill it. This means more rearranging throughout the week. Rearranging is fun and leaves me sore and tired.

This morning I moved a very huge and large bookshelf from my office into the main living area and set up my cd player (remember cd's? They are those round disc thingies that look like dvd's except they play music). I have spent the morning decorating the very large bookshelf and listening to adagios. It is Fall. It makes me feel academic to listen to adagios while decorating. Seriously, I am now smarter. Ask me anything.

I woke up at 7am and got ready for the day and then walked out into my sparse living room and the kids were dressed. So we actually managed to read scriptures this morning (we usually do it at dinner) and I taught Josh a little piano. No, I don't actually play piano. Well, I play it, but not well, and definitely primarily right handed only. It definitely doesn't come naturally to me. I'm ok with that. I come from a family of rabid piano players so it's not like I am required to perform. It was really a peaceful morning, however, and one I would like to have daily.

I just took a break from this blog because my friend Lou came over to critique my decorating style and we decided to rearrange my office. Sorry, Dave. I am pretty sure that I am going to owe you on this one! I will post pictures when I clean up the aftermath!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So what made you get rid of the TV?