Sunday, October 11, 2009

High School Reunion Part Two

Saturday morning I woke up early, got dressed, and watched a bit of the morning session of General Conference before heading over to my high school for a tour. In the past 20 years they have made some seriously major changes to the school and I wanted to see what those were. It was almost like being in a completely different school as I walked through it. Very strange - strong memories for some areas and absolutely nothing for others. The strangest part is that the parking lot isn't the same - so my parking spot is gone. That area is where my strongest memories of high school are because there was a huge tree that we all sat under, and where I could find most of my friends at various times during the day.

Hallway - LA Building
1990 Basketball team - State Champions
The State Champion banner
The North High Fight Song
North Mustangs Banner
Members of the original "Cream Team" (1987) in the football locker room
The Old Gym - cheer tryouts and practice were held here
Championship trophy - Basketball 1990 (I actually teared up)
Science Building - my locker was down this hall
Collage from Mr. Dodge's first year at North High (my Sophomore year) - he is still there

After the tour, we all went to America's Taco Shop for lunch. America's is owned by Terry Bortin, who graduated with me. It was recently named the best carne asada in Phoenix, and it is. I could eat there daily! There was a perpetual line the entire time we were there and it was a Saturday. I highly recommend it if you ever happen to be in Phoenix.

1 comment:

NatRat said...

I have been meaning to ask you about this reunion. I bet it was just so weird going back to highschool after 20 years and seeing all the changes, and so good to see all of your friends. You looked great!