Wednesday, August 5, 2009

An Open Apology to Anyone that Enters My House

August launched a major remodeling project. Or should I say projects. Multiple messy projects that will take 100 years to finish. Starting with the office, we are going through and painting, well, everything. Which means 100 years because we are slow at these things. Right now I can open my front door about a foot before it stops dead. It's a good thing we use the garage for exit and entry purposes. That being said, just understand that if you come over to my house for the next 4-6 months, I have no idea what you will encounter. I can't guarantee that it will be clean, organized, or a house of order. In fact, President Julie B. Beck would faint dead away if she opened my front door right now. I'm just sayin' - it's that bad.

Now that I have gotten that out of the way, I'm excited about these projects. I'm excited about the changes that will be made. I'm excited to see what it will look like when it is done. I'm excited that in my head it will be beautiful and organized and when people walk in the door they will ooooh and ahhhh and want to copy me. (Snort) But most of all, I am excited to be excited about home decor and organizing again, because for the past two years my extracurricular world has revolved around work, that one school on the hill, and two callings at Church. Not to mention that whole weight loss journey that has improved of late. And family reunions and travel.

Now that I mention all of these things....what on earth have I gotten myself (and Dave) into?


It's a start!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

With a little clean up and paint, it'll look absolutely fantastic. Great job!