Friday, August 7, 2009

Lost!

Since June 29, 2009 I have lost 25 pounds. It hasn't been easy. In fact, it has been harder than any other diet I have done. But it works, and that is what matters to me. After a solid year of trying so many different things without success, I finally was able to find something that would help me.

Back in June my friend posted on facebook that she was starting the hcg diet. My boss has been doing it on and off for the past six months and had lost a bunch of weight so I knew that it worked. I have just been holding off in order to keep it as a last resort. Well, it was last resort time! So I decided to go for it and see what would happen.

During the past month I have had to endure a 4th of July breakfast, a BBQ, a vacation, family dinners, birthday parties, family reunions, picnics, and so many food related activities I have lost count. In fact, had I not been doing this diet, instead of losing 25 pounds, I would have gained 5 pounds at least considering the sheer amount of food that I had to avoid. It has taught me a lot about just how food-centric my lifestyle is.

So here is my final picture taken today. I am going to start a second round (Dave is doing this one with me) at the beginning of September, but it will be a shorter round this time and I hope to lose about 15 more pounds before my high school reunion on October 3rd. Bottom line, it is hard, but it works. And I am hoping that I have made enough changes mentally to never go back!
March - August 2009

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratuations! Based on that last picture, you lost about 8 inches of height too. ;)

I can definitely see a difference around your middle and in your face. What about clothes? Can you still wear your regular clothes, or do you need to embark on a major shopping spree?

Trish and Matt said...

Congrats. I know you're thrilled! Can you share a little more about what an hcg diet is?

Sheila and Mario said...

You look great Heidi! Good for you for all the hard work!

Sheila and Mario said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

Congrats!

Clearly a difference in your photos - though I think you look fabulous either way. :)

Jeanne said...

You look fabulous or as Marty from Madagascar would say "Crackalackin'!" Sorry, we've watched it a million times lately. I'm starting to get desperate myself, maybe I'll look into it. I'm proud of you for sticking with it. Love ya'!

Em said...

that is so great i can see the difference. Your awesome!

Amy said...

That's awesome, Heidi! What a fun idea to do a little before/after shot. I can really see a difference. I bet you feel so great! Is this in addition to the PO9X thing you've been doing, or is this instead or or in addition to? Do tell! Congratulations!

Heidi said...

You look excellent - way to show self control!

The LaLa said...

You look like a mini-me version of yourself!!! Hang in there. We're proud of you.

Jenny said...

Looking great! Keep up the good work. About time for me to start up with the weight loss stuff myself. In maybe 3 or 4 weeks anyway. Babies are cute, but, making them sure does expand the waistline.

Melissa said...

You look fabulous, darling. Fabulous.

Seriously - I am so proud of you. You have been working so hard and you look so great! Very motivating!

AND...look how much your hair has grown too! :)