Saturday, August 28, 2010

August 27, 2010: doTerra Stories - Kate and the Hay Fever Episode



My cute little neighbor has hay fever, and will often have sudden attacks during various times of the year. Yesterday at school she had two attacks - her eyes started watering and became very red, itchy and inflamed. They gave her two doses of benedryl throughout the day, but it didn't really help her. She was over playing after school and had another attack and her mom said, "I don't know what to do. I can't give her more medication!"

I got out my Modern Essentials book and looked up allergies and hay fever. It recommended putting a drop of peppermint oil on the back of her neck, and lavender on her sinuses. She is 7 years old, but pretty little so I used it sparingly. I put the peppermint on the back of her neck and rubbed it in, and then just put a tiny bit of lavender oil on the bridge of her nose. Then I got some wet paper towels and just wiped her eyes a little bit. About five minutes later she said the itching was gone and that her eyes felt better. By the time she left my house an hour or so later, her eyes were almost back to normal. Her mom told me that they kept improving!

I was so excited to be able to help her in such a simple way that didn't involve giving her more medication. I made a mental note to always have the "Basic Trio" on hand - Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint. doTerra makes a basic introductory kit of these three that retails for 28.50 plus shipping. If you would like more information, leave a comment and I will get in touch with you.

No comments: