Monday, August 23, 2010

August 23, 2010: First Day of First Grade

Today was the very first day of First Grade for Josh. Which means that he goes to school all day long for the first time in his life. I cried on and off yesterday. Today - no biggie. He was confident, he's ready. He even let me just drop him off so that I didn't get all emotional. Plus I had to go to the grocery store to get more stuff for his lunches this week. I had fun packing his lunch. I am sure that will get old.
Cheesy smile
Cool as a cucumber
It was nearly impossible getting them to stop wiggling, look at me, and smile
Darn, they are cute kids
Josh said to Clara, "See you tonight, Sweetie!" He kept talking to her in a baby voice all morning, reassuring her that he would be gone all day, but that he would eventually come home. She kept looking at him like he was out of his mind. As Ama Georgia put it, "He's a little boy...and she's a teenager."

I'm excited to hear how his first day went, and excited to see what he learns this year. I'm not excited for homework, but maybe I'll just put that on Dave's To Do list.

3 comments:

Casey Davison said...

They are cute kids!!!! I hope he had a GREAT day.

Amy said...

You DO have cute kids. That's so funny that Josh was reassuring his YOUNGER sister that he would be back. Too cute. I'm excited to hear how school went!

Sara said...

Clara looks so grown up!