Thursday, January 15, 2009

So Not Complaining

Last night I rammed my baby toe into Dave's shoe. A LOT of really vulgar words went through my head and would have been released had Josh and Clara not been in the room. There isn't much that is more painful than that. Except maybe childbirth recovery. It's a toss-up.

Shortly after that I started getting chills and aches like I had a fever. Except when I took my temp there was no fever. I know what that means. It means I have cellulitis. Of course, the clue should have been my big toe hurting yesterday. I'm pretty good at recognizing the symptoms after several bouts of it over the years.

I spent the night alternately freezing and sweating and decided this morning after my foot was red that a trip to the ER was in order. I called my mommy and she drove me while Dave stayed home with the kids. After being hooked up to an antibiotic drip and given a scrip of high dosage oral antibiotics I was released. However, I still have the plastic thingy in my arm because I have to go to the hospital again tomorrow to get a second drip. You don't mess with cellulitis.

The fortunate thing is that I caught it very early so I shouldn't experience the pain that usually comes when it spreads. The other bright note is that they did bloodwork and it all came back normal. They were testing for sugar and white blood cell count. They wanted to make sure that I am not diabetic. Looks like I'm not, and that's a good thing.

And now, I am off to a time-share demonstration so that Dave and I can have a free 3 day/2 night stay in a hotel in Anaheim.

Will suffer for free stuff.

Speaking of free stuff, Josh has it in his head that his friends don't have enough pajamas and is willing to give his away. My little altruistic boy.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

That sucks! Hopefully it doesn't damper your Hawaii trip! Get better soon...

Also - Oliver and I suffered through a time share presentation with a promixe of 3 day/2 night stay in Anaheim that was a hoax and we didn't get to go on the trip and I was dumber after 3 hours of wasted time - Hopefully it went better for you...?

The LaLa said...

Yowee! I'm so sorry. I'm so glad you have figured out when you have this coming on, and get to the hospital quickie fast. Did whacking your toe literally bring it about?

Em said...

i swear everytime i get on your blog your lattest post is about you getting sick or something. whats up with that. i hope things start getting better for you and sorry your so sick all the time.

Heidi Totten said...

Em - You must be mistaking me with someone else! I haven't been sick since last summer until the past week!

Melissa said...

Oh Heidi...that stinks!! I'm so sorry! Hope you are feeling lots better.