Friday, January 23, 2009

Leavin' On A Jet Plane

I woke up at, well, earlier than I have seen in quite a while.

That's not true. My kids wake me up that early every day. I just don't get up. But today I got up, because in 27 minutes we are leaving to take Ellen and me to the airport so that we can go Aloha-ing. We are very very very excited.

That being said, I am going to miss my Shmoopie and my babies. Josh gave me a "pull-em" to take with me so that whenever I see it I will think of him. It goes like this:

Pumpkin, pumpkin
big and round,
I'm glad you grow
upon the ground.
I'm glad you don't
grow on a tree,
for then you might fall
down on me!

It's glued to an orange paper pumpkin. As if I could ever forget my baby for one tiny second.

And sweet Clara decided to snuggle with me all night and take up my half of the bed while half laying on me just to show me that she was going to miss me. Oh wait, she does that every night.

Story: When Clara was over at her little preschool on Tuesday, Caitlin and she were playing upstairs. Caitlin apparently went poop. She took a piece and brought it downstairs for her mom. A little later Barbara said, "Caitlin, is their poop anywhere else?" Caitlin said, "Just the poop that Clara put in the Easter egg."

Sure enough. Ew.

Double ew. Triple ew.

But what do you do?

Hey! Another pull'em! Kind of a modified hai'ku even! Every time I think of it, it will remind me of my Clara.

Aloha!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

hahaha - so funny - I knew there is a reason I don't have kids yet! Have a blast on your trip and post warm pics when you get back so we can all be jealous!

Em said...

wish i could have come