Wednesday, January 7, 2009

One Thing I Will Miss

As my baby gets further along in toddlerhood/bigkidhood, I find myself thinking of the things I will miss about her personality at this time. I definitely won't ever miss changing diapers, although we are charging ahead with potty training this week. Or next week. Or while I am in Hawaii so Dave can do it. Anyway.

So I won't miss that.

I won't miss the whining and the crying over nothing. I suspect that will continue until she is 18+ so I won't have to miss it.

Nope, won't miss that.

There is one thing I will miss, though. I will miss her soft blond hair snuggling up to me in the morning. I will miss her smell. I already miss Josh's toddler smell. I will miss her singing songs like "Row Row Row Your Boat" and "Once Upon a Dream" as I am just waking up in the morning. I will miss her little voice saying, "I wuv you, Mom." I will miss walking out of my bedroom in the morning to hear her little voice squealing, "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" in excitement. Josh used to do that. Now he says, "Good Morning, Mom."

I guess I will miss everything but diaper changing and whining.

That sure is a lot to miss.

5 comments:

KGR said...

Ah, Motherhood. Good reason to have a dozen or 15 kids, spaced out over 25 years. Eh?

Heidi said...

I think I still whine to my mom sometimes and I am way past 18+... Not a lot of luck for that one! One of the joys of being a girl!

Sara said...

I will miss Woodstock's sheer delight over everything. And the adoration she has for me. We all know THAT won't last. :)

KEYSHA said...

Ah, that made me a little teary-eyed. My kids aren't excited to see me, it's always, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy."

Hawaii? Have fun (again)! Give up on the rabbit food while you're there and eat a malasada for me!

Lisa said...

2 1/2 year old nephew is SO excited to see us that he either jumps up and down in place or, if there's room, runs in circles like a dog chasing its tail. I'm never that excited to see anybody. I'll miss that when he grows out of it.