Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 27, 2010 - Clara Date

Normally on Thursdays Clara goes over to my mom's house to play for the day. They have their own little routines that I am not allowed to interfere with, so I am happy to drop her off and have a few hours to get things done before Josh gets home from school. Today, since Josh was off for an unused snow day, he decided to go over and hang out instead, allowing me to take Clara on a date.
Purple Robe Locust at Gardner Village - I'm planting one of these in my front yard and backyard one of these days when I have energy.

Jeanne and the baby decided to join us (he had a lot of say in the matter) and we headed over to Gardner Village. It's a sunny, windy day. Perfect for wandering around shops, and they are having their 30th Anniversary sale so I wanted to see if I could find a couple of things for cheaper. I got a clock for $8 that is exactly what I have been looking for to add to my entertainment center downstairs. We had lunch at Archibald's - I had my favorite hamburger ever.

After shopping, Jeanne needed to feed the baby so she stayed in the car while Clara and I headed over to ride the ponies. We had never done that at Gardner Village, but she loves them at Thanksgiving Point. She is a HORSE FREAK and was really well behaved for the three hours we were there so I figured $1 an hour for good behavior was worth it.
Clara riding Sparky (which was the pony's name)

No comments: