Saturday, November 7, 2009

November 7, 2009: Bags are packed

There is a certain anticipation that one experiences prior to a trip that is mixed with a feeling of panic, nervousness, and anxiety. I am one hour from taking my kids to their grandma's house, which means I am one hour from leaving my babies for an entire week in the car of the two people that most likely love them second only to Dave and myself, but it is still nerve-wracking. Their schedule is well-documented and detailed and has been sent not only to every party involved in the carpool, but also the preschool and Providence Hall (just in case). I'm positive that everyone on the list thinks that I am a nutcase, but I can live with that. This is the longest that Dave and I will have been away from the kids, and the last time both of us were away from them even overnight was two years ago. It doesn't help that they are so cute and snuggly and that Clara smells so good (Josh is turning into a stinky boy, but I can live with that, too.), and that they are more excited to play with the grandmas than they are sad that we won't be around. But this is a much needed vacation for the two of us, and long awaited, and if the things coming up in our lives take off the way we think they will, this will be the last mellow week for quite a while. More on that later. Aloha!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Enjoy! Wish I were going with you. Can't wait to hear all about your trip.