Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Josh's 6th Birthday

I'm finally getting around to blogging about Josh's birthday - 10 days later. It's been a crazy couple of weeks.

We had a huge day planned after the 10K. First, we had to shower. So we went back to my aunt and uncle's house and got ready for the day. At noon we met Lou and the kids at Brick Oven Pizza in Provo for some yummy stuff. Let's face it - it's the closest I will ever deliberately come to Chuck E. Cheese. No offense to anyone who has the nerve to take their kids there!

After Brick Oven we headed to Thanksgiving Point. I gave Josh the choice of a birthday party, or a day out with two of his friends. His besties (that is for you, Loree) are Kate and Gabi so he didn't hesitate at all to name them. He decided that he wanted to do the day out with friends. I was secretly very happy with that decision, of course, although it took just as much effort and I was ex-haus-ted from the 10K that morning so by the end of the day I was ready to drop. At Thanksgiving Point we went to Farm Country and then to the Dinosaur Museum. Then we headed home to pick up the cake for cake and ice cream in the driveway for friends in the neighborhood. This is where I really dropped the ball. I sent out an email to my neighbors, but no one really got back to me. I didn't think about the fact that since it was Labor Day weekend everyone was going to be out of town. My poor baby ran all over the neighborhood knocking on doors to see if his friends were home and none of them were except for Gabi and Kate, of course. Fortunately my cute friend, Paige, brought over her daughter and we already had some family so it wasn't a total disaster. Lesson learned - never ever plan a birthday shindig on a holiday weekend. Josh still said it was his favorite birthday ever so it was good that we DID plan a day of fun!
Josh on a pony
GabiKateClaraLou & Gavin
Josh at the Discovery area - Farm Country
The kids in jail
Looking at the pigs
Blowing out the candles!

2 comments:

Loree said...

Everyone needs a bestie or two! Josh picked two awesome stand in besties since his real one is too far away. :-) So is mine... We wish we could have been there.

The LaLa said...

Sounds like a rockin good time, in spite of the holiday weekend!