Sunday, October 31, 2010

October 31, 2010: Halloween

Because we live in Utah, Trick-or-Treating is done on Saturday when Halloween falls on a Sunday.  I personally love this because then we have lots of candy for Sunday.  Just kidding.  I love it because then I don't have to struggle with whether or not I will let my kids go out to get candy.  So last night the neighborhood was out in full force, running from house to house.  I stayed home to pass out candy because I had taken the kids out several years in a row and it was Dave's turn.  Plus it was cold and rainy.  Clara lasted 17 minutes.  Josh got back about an hour and a half later.  

This picture was taken about a half hour after Josh got home.  I think probably 8-10 pieces of candy had been consumed.  We have a policy that they can eat whatever they want that night, and then the candy goes away.  Since the past 48 hours included a school party, trick-or-treating at Dave's work, a ward trunk-or-treat AND actual trick-or-treating in the neighborhood, our kids are way over-sugared and we are going to be working on detoxing them for the next few weeks.

No comments: