Friday, May 22, 2009

Conjunction Junction, What's Your Function?

We are taking off this afternoon and heading to Grand Junction for the weekend. My hope is that it involves a lot of sitting around while watching the kids play. I'm in need of a sitting around weekend instead of a millions of squats while gardening weekend. I may even try to get rid of my farmer tan.

Josh and Clara are very excited to play with all of the guys. Clara burst into tears this morning when she thought that Dave was leaving without her. But before we leave...

Hanging baskets - so pretty
I'm starting to love container planting.
Another container plant
Front bed - we are in the process of removing the railings on the front porch. You can see a few of the annuals that I planted that will hopefully fill in. What a labor of love!
Front island - lots of new annuals. I can't wait to see what they look like mid-summer.
Awww, I love snuggles.
Raised square foot garden on deck: Lettuce, cilantro, bell pepper and basil
Bed #1: Lots of lettuce, bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, yellow squash, basil, parsley, cilantro, and bush beans
Bed #2: I spent this week hooking up the sprinkler system so that it will self water. I have a few tweaks that I need to do, but so far so good!
Clara is definitely ready for the weekend
What a diva
Josh is ready, too!

3 comments:

The LaLa said...

Your containers and square foot (feet?) garden look so pretty and productive. Good luck! I want to try it next year in my retaining wall areas -- they would be waist high and I think it could work.

Robyn said...

I love seeing the progress of your plants! I wish I had a yard of my own to garden. I actually thought I might DO soemthign this year, but with us moving in July I decided not to spend the time and money on one that I couldn't move with us. So I have pots... LOL! Hope you guys had a great weekend trip!

Em said...

your yard is looking good.